- Install Myndbend Ticket Reminder from the Zendesk app marketplace (Admin> Apps > Marketplace)
- Register for the license key here
- Place the license key provided into the License field of the App settings (Settings > Apps > Manage > click on the App name)
- Add the fields "Due Date/Time (Textual)", "Due Date/Time (Numeric)", and "Reminder Time" to the forms that you will be placing reminders on. The fields were automatically created during the app installation, but need to be added manually to the form you'd like to use.
- Navigate to any open ticket in Zendesk and expand the Apps column ("Apps" button top right)
- Locate the Myndbend Ticket Reminder app and click on the gear icon to login to administration site using your Zendesk admin credentials
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the necessary target, trigger, and view.
Other settings explained:
- Default Reminder Time: Enter a value representing the default number of minutes to be notified prior to the due date/time. This value can be set on a per-ticket basis.
- Check to enable 24-hour time format: Your agents will be selecting a date/time for each ticket they wish to set a reminder on. Use this setting to specify 12 or 24 hour format for the time entry.
Administration site settings explained:
- Check to enable reminders as ticket comments: Check this field to notify agents with an internal comment set by the Myndbend trigger/target.
- Reminder notifications in Zendesk agent interface: Notifications will display at the top of the agent screen for the assignee only or for all agents in Zendesk.
- Check to add tag mtr_reminded to ticket after reminder sent: Enable this tag for use in triggers, views, or reports. For example, move a ticket from pending to open after the reminder has been sent.
How to set a reminder on a ticket
Setting a reminder on a ticket is very similar to setting up an entry in your calendar app.
- First, click into the date field and select the due date from the calendar widget
- Next specify the due time: select the hour, minute, and AM/PM (24 hour clock will not show AM/PM option). Please set a time at least 15 minutes in the future.
- The reminder minutes will be the number of minutes prior to the due date/time that you want to be notified. This value must be greater than 5 minutes.
Optionally, you can also set a due date/time and reminder on a ticket with a trigger! Learn how here.