Approvals in one ticket often need a hierarchy or sequence. For example, the Senior VP approver may not want to be asked to approve until the Manager has approved. In order to sequence approvers, you'll need the premium version of Myndbend Process Manager.
- Locate the users in Zendesk that you would like to become approvers. Note, if they are end-users (not an agent role) you will have to first allow end-user approvers by enabling the Myndbend setting "Enable end-users as approvers" and applying the tag "approval_allowed" (this tag can be changed to whatever you prefer) on each end-user profile. Myndbend Process Manager settings can be found by clicking the Myndbend App in the left Zendesk menu followed by Administration Login and then "Settings" in the top menu.
- If you've already installed Myndbend Process Manager and followed through with the Quick Setup steps, a trigger called "MPM Initialize Sequenced Approval Process" will be listed on the Inactive tab of the triggers page (Zendesk Settings (gear icon) > Triggers > Inactive Tab). Locate the trigger, click Edit.
- You will need to change the trigger conditions to meet your business requirements.
- The "Tags" and "Notify target" in the trigger will remain as is.
- In the message field, enter the Zendesk user ID numbers of the approvers, comma delimited, into the trigger body. The Zendesk user ID can be found by going to the Zendesk user profile and taking the number from the URL. The order of the comma separated IDs will determine the order in which approvers will be notified.
- Save and activate the trigger
When the trigger conditions are met, the approvers will be processed in the order they were listed in the comma separated list. Once an approver is added by MPM, and has approved, the next approver will automatically be added to the ticket. Upon approval, the next approver will be added, and so-on (up to 10 approvers in sequence).