Getting Started - Installation
You can find the app in the Zendesk Apps Marketplace (Settings > Apps > Marketplace). Search for "Process Manager" and follow the displayed installation steps.
You will be directed to the App Settings page where you can configure your preferences. See detailed explanation about these settings on the same App Settings page.
Once installed, Myndbend Process Manager appears in the right hand column next to existing tickets (not on the new ticket screen). You may need to click "Apps" button in the top right corner to display the app space.
If you have purchased the premium version or started the trial from "Myndbend Process Manager Lite" in the marketplace, you will need to configure the targets and triggers. Please click on the Myndbend icon in the left sidebar of Zendesk, and follow the presented steps to set up the following features:
- Automatic creation of tickets via trigger
- Automatically add approvers
- Sequence child tickets when child ticket is solved/approved/partially approved
Application User Interface Guide
Add buttons - Allows you to add:
- Approvers - Any user, regardless of Zendesk role, who needs to approve a ticket
- Child Ticket - Sub-tickets that make it easy to assign work to other users or break down larger tasks
- Child Ticket from Templates - Create a child ticket using a pre-defined template.
- Child Tickets from Template Set - Create multiple child tickets at once by using pre-defined templates.
Inside the stack menu icon, you will see the following options:
- "Refresh" - This is used to update the app display with recent changes (if they don’t show up automatically).
- "Reload Cached Data" - This is used to reload cache after a change is made to settings or if you do not see a recently added user for approvals.
- "Manage" - This link brings you to the Myndbend manage app on the left side of Zendesk (Myndbend circular icon). In the premium version, ticket templates and template sets can be created and customized there.
The Add > Approvers function allows for quick selection of multiple approvers. A pop-up dialogue box displays the available approvers for the ticket. Note, only agents are displayed -- end-user approvers must be searched upon in this dialog box.
Individuals who have been asked to approve the ticket are listed in the Approvers section, and can be removed by clicking on the Gear button.
If you have been selected as an approver, you can communicate your decision by clicking the Approve or Disapprove button in the Myndbend Process Manager™ app, or use a special hash tag that can be identified in the app Settings.
Approvers are designated by the addition of the tag “approval_allowed” in their Zendesk profile (Settings > People).
To make it easier to select appropriate approvers, department managers can be linked to their agents using the tag “subordinate_of_ID” where the ID is the manager’s. The tag is added to the agent’s Zendesk profile (Settings > People). The ID# is found in the URL of the manager’s profile. Once this is set, the agent will be able to select “Add Approvers (Requester Managers)” and it will display just the approvers that have the tag specified above. Note, it may take 15 minutes for Zendesk to show the newly added approvers.
End-users as approvers
To enable this feature, go to the Settings area and check the check boxes for "Check to enable end-users as approvers" and "Check to enable approval by hash tag." You will also need to specify the tag that you wish end-users to use when approving or denying tickets in the field "End-User Approval Tag" (e.g., approval_allowed).
Read about how to seek approvals by email.
Child Tickets Section
This section lists all child tickets associated with the parent ticket, and the status of each. Like Parent tickets, a child tickets can have their own approvers. Approvers are displayed in the app when the child ticket is viewed in Zendesk.
All child tickets requiring approvals must be solved before a parent ticket can be solved.
Parent Ticket Section
When viewing a child ticket, a Parent Ticket section is displayed below the Child Ticket section. A link to the parent ticket is provided as well as the parent ticket’s status.
How to Manage Templates
To access the Templates section, click the Manage button. (The template features appear under the "Manage" in the app only when the required subscription is active.
Templates - Time-savers for common tasks, such as “Build laptop for new employee.” Placeholders can be used for information to be included every time the template is used to create child tickets, like the parent ticket’s ID and subject, or the current user’s name and email address.
Template sets - Groups of templates for repetitive processes, such as “Onboard a new employee.”
To manage the settings for the app:
- Click the gear-shaped icon in the Zendesk Agent Interface
- Navigate to the Myndbend App (circular icon)
- Click "App Settings" from the menu within the Myndbend app.
In Settings you can:
- Set a convenient hash tag for quick approvals by email.
- Set a convenient hash tag for quick denials also by email.
- Allow end users to approve steps such as purchases or equipment changes with a quick tag via the same channels
- Control whether child ticket templates carry the same custom fields as parent tickets
- Make templates and sets accessible after upgrading to the app’s premium version
- Control role restrictions for agent segments (Zendesk built-in app functionality, typically used by Enterprise customers)
- Many more options are explained in detail on the App Settings page...